Friday 11 May 2018

Afternoon tea with a difference! | RamblingsofGeo | Monochrome

Hello everyone,

My name's Georgia, this is my first blog post as a Creative member for UKSA, I have a youtube channel called RamblingsofGeo which has Vlogs and scrappy related things on there. 😀

This month's focus is Monochrome, as you will have seen from the other Creative team members posts, its not necessarily black and white, and even less so with my layout, as it's very pink!

I have made a layout to show a day out at the London BB Bakery afternoon tea bus tour I went to for a friend's 30th birthday. I kept leaflets, a cake box, a leaflet/doily, all to use as part of my layout.


Full page

I used the Purple Cutesy Style Smashbook, and picked a random page near the back of the book that was cupcake themed (on the left hand page) The page I used was fairly blank, so i set about creating my layout on it as it went with the book's theming. 






I used a variety of pink embellishments from my stash, above you can see a faux suede bow from the Amy Tangerine Hustle & Heart collection and the pink coffee cup with gold inlay which was also from the same collection. 




I decided to use instax mini photos which i printed off on my Instax share SP-2 printer for my layout. They work quite well for a Smash book, and the Smashbook Mini's as it allows you plenty of room for other memorabilia like leaflets, and tickets. 

The background is made up from a cake box that we were given with our left overs, it was nice and clean which meant I was able to cut it up and stick it in to add some bright pink to the page. I then used a doily, and part of the pink napkin to give it some texture behind the cake photo. 





I hope you enjoyed my very pink Smashbook layout for the Monochrome theme this month.

Don't forget to check out my process video on the UK Scrap Addicts channel, (Click here) and keep an eye out for more Monochrome themed layouts for the rest of May!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...