Saturday 17 March 2018

Cake! | Lisa-Jane Johnson | Mood Board

Hi there Scrap Addicts!  It's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page here today with my layout based on the gorgeous mood board from Terri-Ann. 


I loved everything about this moodboard and tried to use as much of it as I could.  Of course I had to go with a birthday theme and I really wanted to include the free cut file for the month too so it was a perfect opportunity to scrap some photos of my surprise 40th party and my amazing scrapbook shaped cake!


I like using a frame for my layouts so I used a bluey colour to match the image in the mood board.  I was also able to incporate lots of the colours in the image using mostly Simple Stories Love & Adore with a bit of Dear Lizzy thrown in.


Of course the cake and candles appeared in the form of the cut file and in the photo and then the moodboard reminded me that I had some gold stars in my stash so I finally bust those open to add some sparkle.


Finally I added some resin flowers and then twisted up some baker's twine inspired by the balloon strings.

Of course you can choose to be inspired by just one photo from the moodboard, or just the feel you get when you look at it, you don't have to try and cram them all in like I did!  I really hope the images inspire you as much as they did me and don't forget we'd love to see them so please do tag us social media and / or post on our Facebook page.

And don't forget we have that Design Team call open too!

Best wishes and happy creating!

Lisa-Jane
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...