Tuesday 21 November 2017

Boys will be Boys | Niki Rowland | Black & White Photos



Hi there UK Scrappers! Niki here with you today with a layout and process video. Our theme this month is to use black and white photos.

I often don't use black and white photos becuase I think they lose detail when the colour is gone. I tend to only use them if I have close up portrait shots of faces, rather than pictures of everyday life. I think that black and white can change the mood and tone of a photo, quite dramatically. This is all great, but only on the right sort of photos, so I lean away from converting my photos. BUT I embraced this month's theme of course and didn't have any moody portrait shots available so choose three photos of my little boy, doing boy type things, playing on a play area. The photos look great in black and white and I now officially challenge myself to print more black and white photos!


I started off with my title which I cut on the Silhouette. This cut file is available in the Silhouette Design Store. I stuck it in place and then built the rest of my layout around the title. I arranged my three photos on the right side of the page and then started embellishing.

You can see my process video of this layout below.


 I used the Shimelle Little by Little collection coupled with embelishments from Wish you Were Here by Pretty Little Studio. I added lots of different types of embellishments to my layout so that it had dimension and textures.


I hope you have enjoyed my layout and video - see you next month!
Happy scrapping xx

Find me on my own blog: Being Scrappy and on Instagram as @nikiclaire


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...