Sunday 22 October 2017

Our Place in the Sunshine | Niki Rowland



Hey there! Niki here with you today with my take on using Alphabet Stickers. I have a ton of these in my stash, mostly part-used but some not used at all. They are away in a bottom drawer, with just a select few in my tote bag and the rest have been untouched for quite some time. I mostly create using cut files and often I don't turn to alphabet stickers for a title as I have already got one sorted using my cutting machine.

But what a waste to have all those alphabet stickers away in a drawer unused! So I'm delighted this theme was set as it gave me the opportunity to use up some of those Thickers.

For this layout I chose to use the Crate Paper Oasis collection as my photo was of my family away on holiday. I built the layout mostly using ephemera as well as stickers and some papers from the same collection. I created a cluster at the bottom too and left a large space for a long title. 

I chose to use some white Thickers. I don't use white Thickers that much becuase I mostly create on white backgrounds so there isn't enough contract between the white background and the white letters. I added white Thickers to my layout and then applied Glossy Accents all over the top of each letter sticker.


And then I sprinkled gold glitter all over them! This resulted in a super sparkley golden title - my favourite kind of title lol.

There is a process video available to watch for this layout which can be viewed below. 


Thank you so much for joining me today and watching my video. What wil you do with all your alphabet stickers?

Happy scrapping xx 


Find me on my own blog: Being Scrappy and on Instagram as @nikiclaire

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...