Friday 29 September 2017

What's Up /Journalling / Jackie Ashton

Hi everyone, Jackie here with my bloppost following the theme of ‘journalling’.  I do struggle with journalling, especially having my hand-writing direct onto the layouts, so alot of the time my layouts, have who’s in the photo, location, and the date.  But more often than not, I sometime just put the location and the date, which really is not good for others who might look thought my albums and don't know the story behind the photographs. 

For my layout this month I’ve printed my journalling onto vellum paper and cut in strips and added to the top of my layout.



  
The journalling reads :-

Well Usain didn’t disappoint the crowds when he came onto the training track, 
unlike the other athletes, who had to walk down the ramp, Bolt, being Bolt, 
jumped over the barrier to make his entrance, then pretended to be 
shocked when the track security pointed out that he should have walked down 
the ramp like everyone else. 

His races didn’t go as planned, but it was great seeing him in action.




Even though his races didn't go according to plan, it was so good to see him in action for one last time and also to experience the atmosphere when he appeared at the training track as well as inside the stadium.

Printing onto vellum, did take a while to get right.  especially the lengths of each strips.  I did this by printing onto normal photocopy paper and cutting and placing on the layout until I was happy with the placement.  Then once I was happy with it, I printed onto the vellum sheet leaving a large space between each line, and also waiting a while before I removed the sheet from the printer to allow the ink to dry and not smudge.  Then cut into the strips, having a larger line spacing between each line made it easier to cut the typed strips.

I’ve used the new Shimelle/Glitter Girl collection for this layout, and some flair badges from Feed Your Crafts.




I cut a ‘lightening bolt’ onto my white cardstock background, and backed the space with paper from this collection that has shapes that look like ‘bolts of lightening’.  To give the design more definition, I outlined the edges with a black marker pen.

I distressed to the left of the die cut, with some yellow ink, mounted the photograph with some of the papers, and added some mini word stickers from Simple Stories.

I really like how it turned out and love the subtle look it has given to the page, but still allowing to read the story behind the photograph at the same time.

This is a 2 page layout, the other photographs I did for my DT blogpost for Hey Little Magpie and you can find it here.




Why not give it a go printing onto vellum and adding to your layouts and see how it turns out.

Till next time,












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...