Monday 25 September 2017

Run Wild | Jess Claire | Journalling




Hi guys welcome back to the UK Scrap Addicts.  I am so happy to be here talking to you all today about journalling.  Personally I value the words almost as much as the photos and I wanted to share some of my favourite journaling tips.

You can find my process video for this page here

Firstly I keep a daily journal.  Each night I write a little about the day in my travellers notebook insert.  It only has about 10 lines per day which means I can keep up.  This makes scrapbooking past weeks so much easier because I can look back at what we did that I didn't have photos of.

When planning my journalling I try to focus on the story I want to tell.  I try to get the facts in.  If you struggle with journalling think about the WHO, WHAT, WHERE and WHEN of the photos.  Even just these few facts can tell the story.  I also try to think about how I felt.

Now onto the techniques.  For my Project Life pages I use a variety of techniques to include journalling on the page.  The main one of course being journal cards, here is where I tend to tell the main story of the overall page.



I also add writing onto or around photos and on labels for specific things to say about the photos.

I like to use tags hidden in behind photos for journallling that I don't want to be visible to everyone looking through the album but I know it's there.

Adding word and phrase stickers can also add words and sentiments to your page for a little more detail.

I hope these ideas help with your journaling.
Have fun scrapping.
Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...