Tuesday 5 September 2017

My Lucky Number | Susan | Journalling

I have to confess to being a little worried when I saw that this month’s UK Scrap Addicts’ topic was to be ‘journalling.’ You see, I don’t really ‘journal’ … well not in the traditional sense of telling the story. I usually add names, dates and possibly the location if it’s not obvious from the photo. For me, scrapbooking is about creativity, a release for the frustrated artist in me who can’t paint or draw. So, stuck for ideas, I had a browse through my albums in search of inspiration and realised I do indeed ‘journal’ on occasions, but I do it big and bold and as a feature of the artistic process, like this …My lucky number
journallingI have a stack of small alphabet dies for this very purpose – there’d never be enough Es, or in this case ones, in a set of sticker alphas! I used American Crafts’ Thickers Alignment Guides. easily obtainable from UK craft suppliers, to get the curved lines parallel.
stencil
To make the blue dots on my background cardstock I used a stencil from this month’s sponsor, Pretty my Page. I used a finger dabber and an ink pad and  I’m really quite pleased with the result. The centres of the flowers, by the way, are done with Nuvo Drops, my new favourite thing!
stitching


The final addition to my page was the stitching. I like using circles in this way to bring the various elements of the page together.


Thank so much for calling in to UK Scrap Addicts. Drop by tomorrow for more journalling ideas.

sig




1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous page Sue. What an amazing idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...