Sunday 13 August 2017

Happy Crazy Love | Vicci Lou | Clustering

Happy Sunday Scrap Addicts!!!

I hope that you are all well today! and that your weekend is fantabulous! I'm here with a layout for you all on our monthly theme of *drumroll please* CLUSTERING. Personally Im more of a spread it all out kinda girl, so this was another challenging month for me, that being said I have managed to make a couple of clusters and still have some bits spread out on my layout, so we are all good.

Before I show you what i came up with Id just like to give a shout out to this months sponsor Thompson's Craft Supplies. They're giving everyone a fantastic 10% off all orders for the month of August, just use the code uksa10 to grab your 10% off at the checkout. Ill pop a link below.

Anyway, here is my finished layout.


I have to confess I've been hoarding that Amy Tangerine paper forever. Its one of those papers that's just too pretty to cover it up, so instead i used it as a very large photo matt and an element in its own right on my page. And damn, it feels good to have it in my scrapbook! I mounted my photo on a black and white polka dot paper, also from my stash. just to make it pop a little. that said i also outlined all the paper in a black line. My reason for this was that the photo had quite alot of black in it, and I wanted to bring some of that black into the colourful elements of my page without it being over whelming... plus, if I'm honest.. my black ink wasn't on my desk and i was farrrr tooo lazy to get up and get it to ink the edges hahaha.. shhhh don't tell anyone *cryinglaughingface* 

Okay so onto the clustering. I decided the easiest way for me to do some clustering would be to use a large shape as my base. I punched out two 2 inch circles from the same polka dot paper that I used to mat my photo and used them as my 'grounding' spots to add on other elements. I kept my clusters very simple and quite similar. Adding in a strip of the Amy Tangerine paper, that I had gutted out've the middle. Waste not, want not, right?! I of course did a doodley boarder on these elements too, just to keep everything together. I added into the mix some gold hearts, which I punched out myself. And apparently today I love wood veneer words, can you tell?! hahaha. To add some different texture into my clusters I added some enamel dots, mostly everything on this layout is paper or wood veneer, so the helped to add just a little pop of colour too. 


All in all this layout came together pretty quick and it's pretty simple. I like the way it has turned out even though I was worrying a little about actually having to cluster my embellishments, I definitely think that having a large base to work with, in my case the circles I cut out, really helps. You could use a project life card, a sticker, or a label for this idea and it would have the same effect. I also know alot of people pre-make clustered and layered embellishments which makes scrapping quicker, could be something to try especially if crafty time is limited.

I hope you have a go at this months challenge with us! Don't forget to come and showcase your work on the ukscrpaddicts facebook page, and to use the #ukscrapaddicts over on Instagram, so we can see what you get up too! 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend peeps and don't forget to check back everyday for more inspiration from the rest of the team.

Happy scrapping
Love and Bubbles
Vicci Lou 
xxx 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...