Wednesday 26 July 2017

Pocket Page Layout | Sarah Toward | Large Photo

Hi There

Sarah T here today sharing how I used a large photo in my Pocket Page scrapping.  I'll be honest I've never actually used a large photo in my Pocket Page layouts before this one.  I've wanted to, but my weeks are usually very photo heavy, so to take up multiple pockets with one photo wouldn't really be an option.  That is until I went back to finish some of my 2016 Pocket Page album and I came across a week where I only had photos available from two days of that week.

The photo I used needed to fill four pockets totalling an 8x8" area.  I don't have any fancy editing software, so I just used the iPhotos program on my iMac.


In iPhoto I was able to go into the print section, here I was able to choose the size of the photo paper I was going to print on, and then choose a custom size for the photo.


I printed the photo and trimmed it down, and then cut it into 4x4" squares.


Here you can see the photo cut into the four individual sections to go into the pockets.  I chose to embellish the top two sections, including that gorgeous flair from Bramble Fox.


And this is the final layout, featuring the large photo.  These five photos were the only ones I took this week, without the large photo there would have been a lot of empty pockets.

I will definitely use a large photo again in a Pocket Page layout, especially if I don't have a lot of photos available for that week as its a good way to use up pockets.

Here's a few more close ups of the spread.




I used last years Fancy Pants, Millie & June collection to create this weeks layout, along with some Kaitlin Sheaffer free printable labels and Shimelle puffy hearts from the Go Now Go collection.

Thanks for stopping by UK Scrap Addicts again today, don't forget to stop by the UKSA Facebook page where you can have a go at our challenge of using large photos in a layout and be in with a chance of winning a stash of goodies from our sponsor this month Bramble Fox.

See you all again soon.

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...