Friday 14 July 2017

Our Getaway │ Gemma Summers │ Large Photo

Hello, Gemma here with my first layout for UK Scrap Addicts!

This month we are focusing on large photos in our layouts, and so I decided to challenge myself with a large 8x12 photo. I went with a big landscape view of our trip to Scotland last year, so the large photo could reflect the beautiful scenery.

I started by cutting into the photo! I trimmed the mountains edge because I had an idea to add to the scene by creating a cloudy blue sky. On some white cardstock I used some distress inks to create the bright blue backdrop. I fussy cut some clouds from Pink Paislee 'summer lights' paper no.05 and also used my cloud die to cut out clouds using paper scraps. I doodled round the edge of them with black and grey pens to help them stand out. 



Once I had stuck my photo on top of the sky layer I began to work on my title, which I placed on the photo. I used the chipboard 'Getaway' from Crate paper's 'Oasis' collection and kept the cluster simple with black enamel dots.
I used the white globe perspextive from Bramble Fox, who is our sponsor this month!


The Layout was looking very blue and green at this point and I love colour so wanted to add some accents in. I went with some small bright buttons, which I glued down and drew lines up to meet the clouds. I think this added some whimsy to the page and worked on a diagonal with the title.

Don't forget we would love to see your layouts using large photos this month
on our Facebook page and Instagram using #ukscrapaddicts

Thanks for joining me today and I hope you enjoyed this layout.
See you next month!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...