Wednesday 5 July 2017

Ha-ha| Large Photos | Susan

For me, scrapbooking is all about the photo – whatever else is on the page is there to enhance that central element. For this reason, I love to use a big and bold photo. My page today features a photo of my husband messing about in a ha-ha at Gilbert White’s house in Hampshire.

1

2

I often chop up a large photo, usually to emphasise the important bits – in this case I have cut vertical strips and offset the part showing my husband and the part showing the ha-ha warning sign.

3




At this point I turn over the photo and number the pieces; I’ve learned from experience you can get in a bit of a muddle later if you don’t take this precaution.

4

To further emphasise the photo, after sticking it down to the background cardstock, I drew a border round the pieces, This also helps to draw the pieces back in as a single item.

5




Then I added a bit of stamping and finished off with some stitching and some brightly coloured strips of patterned paper to help bring out the humour of the photo. And last but not least, my title, a play on words to (hopefully) make you smile.

Ha-Ha

And there you have my page.
Thanks so much for joining me on UK Scrap Addicts today.

sigxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...