Monday 31 July 2017

Guest Designer | Kathy Rogers

Today we welcome Kathy Rogers as our final July guest...

I am Kathy, based in South Yorkshire and I started crafting as a child with a knitting dolly and bits of wool, over time I've 'had a go' at most things creative.  My real love is scrapbooking and papercraft projects, both evolved from my card making.  I have been scrapbooking for approx 10 years and enjoy getting together with my scrapbooking palls every month.  I have taught at scrapbooking classes at a local craft shop and also at the Scrapstars retreat in Leeds. You can find me on my blog and on pinterest.


With such a large photo you only need cardstock and some embellishments to create a layout with impact.  My background was built up using navy cardstock then red cardstock then I mounted my photo onto white cardstock to give a small border, this is something I do on most of my layouts.


With such a large photo (I used a 10" x 8" picture) this left a border down the left to add all my detail.  I found some fabulous washi tape with the New York skyline on it so this was definitely going on to this layout.




On the bottom left I wanted to add a nod to the American flag so I used a star mask and stencilled some white paint through it.  Then added some white punched out stars creating depth.  The wooden skyline ( Teresa Collins, Wanderlust) was painted in red and white stripes and the word travel painted in blue.  I arranged everything to look like the flag....well sort of.  I used my Cricut to cut the I love NY title at the top of the embellishment section.  Between the title and the embellishment cluster, I added my journalling in paper strips.


All of the decorating was arranged to overlap the edge of the photo to make sure it looked like it all belonged together.

Thanks so much for joining us Kathy!  We love your layout.
If you fancy joining us for a guest spot drop Laura an email at ukscrapaddicts@gmail.com.

That wraps up the month of large photo layouts - have you had a go?  You've got until midnight to link your large photo layout up on our Facebook page... we'd love to see it AND you could win a stonking prize from Bramble Fox!
 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, very brave to use such a large photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love this layout....it really packs a punch with the large photo!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...