Sunday 25 June 2017

Project Life - Weekend | Jess Claire Creates | Moodboard

Our challenge this month is moodboards and I just fell in love with this one.  The soft pinks and greens are my favourite colours to scrap with and I just loved the glittery look.  I just wish I had a bigger sequin stash but that will have to wait as I am on a no-spend.

Check out my process video for my layout here.

I knew I wanted to use these colours on my weekly Project Life page and I am so happy with the final look.  I've actually put myself a kit together that uses a lot of the same colours and I'm getting a lot of use out of it. 

I used Project Life cards from the Neopolitan edition as well as some from Studio Calico.  I kept one photo full size and added a day word die cut from the Project Life Fresh Edition ephemera.

I like to keep one photo full size without too many embelishments.  For the other 6x4 photo I printed it with a larger border so I could cut it down.  I knew I wanted to add some layers to it. 


For the middle pockets I printed 2x2 photos and added them on to Project Life cards.  This gave more room to embellish.  I used tissue paper, enamel shapes, die cuts and labels that all fit with the colours.  The tissue paper gave a soft ethereal feel that matched what I saw in some of the images.


I had three small photos for the bottom right pocket and I had intended to put them all on one card but it felt a little cramped and in terms of the story I was telling I wanted to separate them. 

I decided instead to create a flip up pocket which gave me more space to tell both stories separately as well as include a filler phrase card that I really liked. 
I used a leftover part of a Project Life pocket page to hold the cards with the photos on and stuck it on to my main pocket page so that it flipped up. 

This is a great way to add more pockets on to your layout while keeping related stories together.  It had been a difficult day with my little boy who was not well.  In the evening I enjoyed a takeaway and a glass of wine.  These two events were linked but I didn't want them on the same page because they happened at different times of the day.  Having them in the same place on the page keeps that link.  Plus I wouldn't have had space for this great card that says 'I have not failed, I have just found ten thousand ways that don't work'.

I don't often scrap negative events so this worked well here.

On my title card I added a gorgeous flair piece from Lottie Loves Paper that says 'Weekend' and I added the date on with my rolling date stamp.

I hope you enjoyed a look at my project life process using a moodbaord, I certainly enjoyed making it :)

Don't forget that the challenge is to join in with our monthly theme and link up your layout on our Facebook page - Facebook.com/UKScrapAddicts/  you could be in with a chance of winning a prize worth £50.
allthingssticky are offering a £50 voucher for the winner to spend on their website.  They stock a terrific range of adhesives - tape runners, double-sided tape, glue dots, foam pads - you name it, they have it!
Make sure to tag @UKscrapaddicts on Instagram and use the #UKscrapaddicts hashtag if you use either of our moodboards.  We love seeing you join in with our challenges. 



See you again next month
Jess :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...