Tuesday 2 May 2017

Hoppy Easter | SciFi Scrapper | Sketch




Hi everyone, Emma Marie here today sharing my May layout.

Each month we have a different theme or prompt to work with, and in May we're working with sketches!

This is the sketch I used to create my layout. It's a 12x12 sketch, but I adapted it to the 9x12 size I typically work in.




I created a mixed media background to match the sketch, using some Distress Mist and Color Shine in Cracked Pistachio and Butter respectively. I also decided to add some gold texture paste to the layout, using a stencil from Hip Kit, to add a bit more dimension and interest to the layout.


The majority of this layout is made using my Felicity Jane kit. I loved how the colours went perfectly with the mists I had picked out, and featured those traditional colours we tend to associate with Easter.


The sketch included a tag, which I decided to add at the top of my layout as it fit better there with my vertical photo. I made the tag out of plain cardstock, and then added washi tape to add that decorative touch. It's a black and white washi so doesn't overpower the layout, but adds an extra layer of visual interest.  I also added several rubber embellishments to the page. These are some of my favourite things to use, so I was really happy to be able to get some rubber phrases and hearts down on to the layout.


For the most part I feel I kept pretty close to the sketch. I did however add a smaller embellishment cluster to the top right of the page to help fill in some of the dead space at the top of the layout. I used some scraps of patterned paper as well as some more of the washi tape to help tie the two parts of the layout together, and then lightly embellished. 


This was a fun layout to create! The photo doesn't really have a 'story' to it, which is why there isn't any journalling, but sometimes it's nice to just create for the enjoyment, without a deeper purpose behind it. :)

If you'd like to watch my process video, you can do so below. Have a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...