Wednesday 31 May 2017

Guest Designer - Karen Taylor

We wrap up May with another fabulous guest... please welcome Karen Taylor to our blog!

Hi, I am Karen. I live in North London where I work as a children's nanny to 3 gorgeous kiddies. I have worked in London/Surrey (originally a Hertfordshire gal) for the last 3 1/2 years but before that my home was in lovely Cornwall.
I have been scrapping for about 6 years having become addicted when I joined a card making class in Cornwall.  I am beginning to dabble a bit in mixed media, although I tend to stick to all things inky with a bit of texture paste for good luck!




For this page I used Laura's fab sketch.  As soon as I saw the ink that was it... I'm in there!



I used the packaging/smoothing technique using Tim Holtz distress spray stain in brushed pewter, Heidi Swapp colour shine in gold and Glimmer mist Tuscan Sun.  The blue crept in there from the packaging' previous use. 
I then added a smidge of Heidi Swapp colour shine Sheer to give it added sparkle!



Patterned paper is mainly Simple Stories Summer Vibes with a few punched shapes using my 'scraps'!





I hope you like it :)


Thanks for joining us Karen.  You can see more of Karen here.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh fab scrapping there, Karen. I always admire your work with inks and sprays :)
    Susan z

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout 😊 You do such a good job with those mists 👏🏻👏🏻 Thanks for sharing how you did it too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...