Tuesday 21 March 2017

Park life | Vicci Lou | Multiple photos

Hey hey hey fellow scrappers. Hope that you are all well today! I'm super duper excited to show you my layout on this months theme "multiple photo layouts". Over here on the UKSA blog me and my fellow creative team members have been working uber hard on designing and making layouts with multiple photos to share with you all in the hope that you will enjoy our thoughts and processes but most importantly that you will get some useful tips and inspiration to make your own layouts with multiple photos! I hope to see you all play along! Don't forget to share your projects with us on Instagram #ukscrapaddicts

Anyway, I love using more than one photo in a layout especially when I've had a day out where I've been very photo happy (let's face it we all have them haha) or when I've been to a big life event such as a holiday. For this layout, I decided to scrap a day in the park over the half term with my son and his cousin. 

To get my multiple photos in different sizes, which is how I prefer to do it, I simply used the collage app by Instagram selected my photos and the format and printed them out. 

Here is my final layout.


I used a mixture of Alex by Bella Boulevard and Cool Kid by Crate Paper. I quickly decided that I would like to have a film strip as an element to put some of my photos on. That's where I had to get inventive, I mounted my photos on to white card stock and cut a small border. I then stuck them onto some black paper and trimmed it to the size I wanted my film strip to be. Now, of course, film strips have holes in them running all the way down both sides so for that I took my single hole punch and punched out the circles all along both edges. It took me some time but I'm really happy with the result and it was a great way to get the bulk of my photos in one place and make them into their own element.




Next, I decided that I would need to incorporate some more black onto the layout so I opted to mat the larger 2 photos onto black cardstock to bring it all together. My latest obsession is large photo mats. Mostly because I really struggle covering up the pretty pattern papers (I'm sure I'm not the only one haha). Once I had all my photos in place I choose my title and adhered that down with some extra PVA style sticky glue just to make sure they stay stuck to my page for years to come.

Next, it was time for the really fun part, embellishing! I've done my embellishments in a diagonal because I have to scrap around my large photo cluster but the large piece that says "wild child" was just too big to be next to my photos. However, I then needed to balance that with an embellishment cluster at the bottom of the age so that it felt balanced and cohesive. In order to make all my embellishments feel connected, I used similar things for all 3 areas. And I used the paper that is like a banner behind my photo as a chevron pattern for both the top and bottom cluster simply by following the pattern already provided and cutting it up. I added a star and a circle to the top and bottom of my page allowing the circles to run off the edge slightly in order to make it feel a bit more framed. Finally, I finished it off with a couple of asterisks stamped in black (Another recent obsession of mine, haha).



All in all, I'm pretty in love with this layout. I really enjoy making the most of the supplies I have in hand and getting creative with the pattern paper to create little bits of embellishments using my punches. I think it's a great way to stretch your supplies but also a thrifty way to work as you don't have to buy all of the embellishments in a set!

Thank you very much for reading and don't forget to check back every day for more inspiration, hints and tips and even the odd discussion on a variety of different topics!

Much love, until next time!
xoxo 

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments...