Tuesday 7 March 2017

Boy Racer | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Multiple Photos

I am super excited to be a part of this new venture to raise the profile of UK Scrapbookers alongside other amazingly talented UK Scrappers.

I don't normally scrap more than 1 photo on my layouts (unless i'm doing Project Life), so this was challenging for me - but I really enjoyed it and it has spurred me to want to make more multi photo layouts!!




I've had these photos floating around my house for a long time now and never thought it would be something I would scrap. I'm so glad that I chose these photos.

We had gone away to Butlins for a midweek break with my parents and I caught on camera a silly moment when my now husband and my dad had trolley races across the near empty car park. I love these photos as I had used the multi shot function on the camera and chose 4 that showed the movement towards the camera.


I've had these photos printed on a 4x6 for 10 years now and I am so glad to get them scrapped.




So, here is the layout in its full glory!! 

I used Dear Lizzys new line, Lovely Day in this layout. I chose to use the bicycles and mopeds paper and thought it was very apt for these photos. I laid my photos in a line vertically and backed them on some white cardstock and then backed them further onto some mint green paper.   

 From the mint green paper I also punched out 3 3inch circles which were placed to the left of the photo, to the right of the journalling and to the bottom of the journalling. These created the visual triangle and were the perfect spots to place my ephemera.


To the left of the photo I added a tag from Lovely Day and popped some red ribbon through the tag.


I used the same red ribbon to create a line across the bottom third of the layout for my little flags to adhere to. From the cut apart sheet, I cut some some triangles to make the flag banner which runs from under the photo to the right edge of the page.



I added some journalling to this one as I used a sketch and felt it suited the layout to include some writing and I added the title in the middle of this. I had a 3x4 cut apart that I wanted to include on the layout but it was pink and I found it too hard to tie it in with the colours on the layout. I did like the sentiment on the card as it said "Choose your own adventure" So I decided to include this as a subtitle in a circular motion around the circle punch and added a camera which I had fussy cut from the cut apart sheet. I added some little flags to the left of the photo and I was finished.


If you would like to watch my process then there is a process video that accompanies the layout and you'll find the link right here https://youtu.be/Lr8lBFlqYIQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...