Thursday 17 May 2018

Time To Fly | Lisa-Jane Johnson | Monochrome

Hi there scrappy friends!  It's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page here with my layout for the monochrome challenge.  This one was quite tricky for me to begin with as I tend to use papers and collections with lots of colours on so initially I was a bit lost!  Once I got started though I was really happy with the way it was going and I went on to complete another few layouts in the same colourway - happy days!


I firstly picked out a few photos that had plenty of black and white and a bit of another colour that I could focus on.  I knew the sort of placement I wanted and I'm on a bit of a white background / painty smoosh kick at the moment so I knew I didn't need much in the way of patterned paper... so I decided to hit my scraps.

I blew the dust off the oranges / yellows box and found all sorts of awful bits and bobs that I'd saved for many years.  However I did find the perfect bit of dark orange to back my photos onto.  I also used some tissue paper for another layer.


For the background I got into a bit of a mess...  I used two colours of Dylusions Ink Sprays and tried to blend them together so I could smoosh them onto some 12x12 acetate and then onto my white cardstock.  However it all went a bit wrong so I grabbed a rando cosmetic sponge to clean it up with.  Then I wiped that off onto a piece of scrap and realised it could actually work a lot better than I had intended!  I rubbed the mop-up sponge over the background and it gave me just the right amount of colour and opacity for what I wanted.  Serendipity in art - I love it!


Once it was dry I added a few splats with the darker orange and then stamped a couple of butterflies to peak out from under the photos.  I layered up some white die cut butterflies from a cut-file in my shop, added some enamel dots and my title (Amy Tangerine Thickers, very old Halloween letter tiles) - job done.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out, especially as I wasn't sure where I was headed to begin with.   

We're loving seeing your takes on the monochrome challenge in our Facebook Group and on Instagram so please do keep sharing and use the hashtag #ukscrapaddicts so we can come and say hi.

Bye for now
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...