Monday 7 May 2018

Panda Shop | Amy Kattenbelt | Monochrome

Hi, I'm so excited to be bringing you my very first project for UK Scrap Addicts.

This months theme is Monochrome and after much deliberation about what colour i would like to pick i settled on creating a layout that was purely black, whites and greys. I thought this would match the photo of my eldest son with lots of panda cuddly toys that was taken on our holiday last year.

To make up for the lack of colour i knew i wanted to add plenty of layers and texture, in the hope it would create a lot of interest for the eye. Once i had printed my photo in black and white, i trimmed it to keep a white border and then added a narrow black border to make sure the photo would stand out.



I went through some of my stash and selected some black and white patterned paper. I used a striped paper from the Maggie Holmes Carousel collection as a border piece, and paper from Maggie Holmes Flourish collection with a beautiful leave design on as the background for my layout.

Because these papers were so busy, in order to make my title stand out i decided to use a layer of white cardstock on the left hand side. I added some grey watercolour paint and black ink splashes to create interest.


I then added lots of layers behind the photo, including using some patterned vellum and a doily and tag. I created a crepe paper ruffle to put under the photo too. I then added some black and white flowers which i had previously cut out from a patterned paper. I used Amy Tangerine thickers to create the title, i adore these as i think they add such a dramatic impact to the layout. I used Tim Holtz tiny alpha stickers to create a sub title as well as stamping the date the photo was taken onto a label.

I also used some acrylic paint to paint an 'awesome' wood veneer word grey, and added that above my photo.

I then added even more texture to my layout by adding some twine, fibres and ribbon, using my tiny attacher to staple them to the page. I added three small panda puffy stickers to form a triangle around the photo. Lastly i added some grey studio calico sequins in several clusters to complete the layout.


I will leave you with a link to the YouTube process video so you can see exactly how i create this page (i apologise for the bouncy camera work, i promise it improves vastly after the first minute or so of the video)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...