Wednesday 21 March 2018

Time for Tea | Niki Rowland | Moodboard



Hey there UK Scrap Addicts! Niki here with my take on the theme for this month which is this gorgeous moodboard.

 Whenever I use a moodboard for inspiration I usually make a list of things I see and this is my list for this one:
cake
birthday
flowers
balloons
confetti
jars
happy/girls/pretty
frames
disco/multicoloured background/bokeh effect
stars
polka dots
Colours: pink, dark pink, turquoise, gold, black, purple and orange

This is why I love moodboards so much - that list is huge!

I decided to scrap photos from a recent afternoon tea and decided to go with a cupcake for my main focus. I absolutely love the free cut file that UKSA are giving away this month but it just didn't go quite right with my photos as it's more of a birthday cake and this wasn't anyone's birthday. So I downloaded a Cupcake cut file from the Silhouette Design Store instead.

I then spent quite a bit of time backfilling all the different parts of the cupcake.


I have used the Shimelle Glitter Girl collection for this layout. I'm doing some stash busting at the moment and this is one of the collections that needs to get used up and the colours were perfect. 

Once the cupcake was filled, I then added clusters of floral stickers to either side of my cupcake and used these as places to put my photos. I built them up and added two titles using small alpha stickers and a large glittery title too - the word 'Happy' to make use of the quote in the moodboard.


I finished off my scattering sequins from the top of the page (inspired by the confetti in the moodboard) and added my journaling around the edge of the cake.

I had great fun making this layout and love the end result. Such a fab moodboard made it very easy. I've made a video of my process for you to view below:




Thank you so much for joining me today, happy scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...