Saturday 30 September 2017

Love You Like Family | Journalling | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire)

Good Morning Friends.

My layout today follows this months theme which is journalling. My layout really focuses on this element and this is a great technique for when you have an important story to tell.




So I decided to create my journalling in a vertical column from the top to the bottom of my page. For this I used my Cricut to write the journalling but do not be worried or scared to use your own handwriting. Your relatives will appreciate in future generations having scrapbook pages with your handwriting on them (whether you like your writing on it).









I then kept the rest of the layout very simple. This was so the main focus was on the journalling and not necessarily on the embellishments. I used a single strip of paper across the middle of the page and used a chipboard heart with which I layered an acetate piece that said Love.

I used this to create my title which reads "Love you like Family". As the acetate piece needed to be adhered to the chipboard and the double sided tape was showing through, I decided to use a gold glitter bow on top to hide this.





And here is the layout in full. I added in a couple of glitter hearts and a couple of gold word stickers (which are masked by the banner at the bottom and the glare!!). I hope this really inspires you to add some journalling into your layouts. Feel free to scrap lift and be sure to share this with us on the UKSA Facebook page. And don't forget to tag is on Instagram too!!

See you next month!! 

Claire xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...