Sunday 24 September 2017

Kiss, Cuddle, High Five | Niki Rowland | Journalling



Hi UK Scrap Addicts fans! Niki here with you today with my take on the September theme which is 'Journalling'.  When I scrap I rarely start with the story, I usually begin with photos or products and include a relevant story if it fits but this time given the theme is 'Journalling' I thought about which story I wanted to document before I looked for anything else.

I have put together a process video for this layout which can be viewed below:



The story I chose was one about my little boy and how he always asks for a 'kiss, cuddle, high five' whenever we part, instead of the usual 'goodbye'. It has become a daily ritual but it is not documented in my scrapbooking anywhere and it is such a lovely little thing between us that it definitely justifies a whole layout dedicated to it.

Even though I knew I would journal about the story, I wanted to make it the main focus of my layout so I began by cutting those words in a large size on my cutting machine. This way I have managed to incorporate those words as the main focus of my layout - they are also part of the journalling.

Once cut, I used my We R Memory Keepers typewriter to type the explaination of the story directly onto my die-cut background.


Once my typed journalling was in place I could then move on to creating the rest of my layout. I backfilled the words and gave my die-cut background a colourful border. The papers I've used are Shimelle 'Glitter Girl' but even thought this collection is very pink, sparkly and girly, I pulled out some of the blue and green papers and created a very non-pink boy layout with them.

I embellished the layout with ephemera and other embellishments from the collection, again picking out all the blue and green coloured pieces and I finished off with a few flicks of water colour paint.



Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking a peek at my layout, happy scrapping xx


Find me designing for Freckled Fawn, Just Nick, Hey Little Magpie, GoGo Getaway, Silhouette UK, Stick it Down, and UK Scrap Addicts. Also on my own blog: Being Scrappy and on Instagram as @nikiclaire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...