Saturday 30 September 2017

Guest Designer | Marie Boyle

Today we welcome our last guest designer (for the time being at least!) Please welcome Marie...

My name is Marie, I'm 28 and I'm from Durham in the UK. I've Scrapbooking and crafting for around 8 years now! I pretty much exclusive scrap Disney holiday photos!

So my layout! I have exclusively used the Simple Stories Say Cheese collections which I got from Hey Little Magpie (my favourite UK based Scrapbooking website!) and obviously the collection is perfect to scrapbook a Walt Disney World photo! My friend snapped these when I was pulling a stupid face with my Mickey Ears on and I just think it's the perfect Disney photo! And the colours in the photos go great with the Say Cheese collection! 

I started with a piece of white 12x12 textured card stock as a nice blank canvas. I then added some yellow and red paint splatters to the background to tie in the colours. I then added some Mickey Mouse print tissue directly in the centre of the page to break up the background. I then cut out the perfect piece of journalling paper from one of the cut apart sheets and pinched holes in the top to make it look like I had taken it from a notepad. Once this was stuck down I angled my photos the opposite way and propped them up with some foam pads.


I then went through the embellishments and added them mainly down the sides of my photos and added red and yellow enamel dots all over the page. I also added in some red thread on either side of my photo to make it look extra fun! 

Then it's time for some journaling! I had quite a big space to fill! Once that was done I went over the page with some black paint splatters to make it look like ink on the journaling (I love that look!) 


I then inked around the edges with a yellow stamp pad and cut a large border piece from one of the cut apart sheets to stick across the bottom.


I hope you enjoy the finished layout!!
Thanks for joining us Marie - love your work! - Laura

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...