Saturday 5 August 2017

I’m in the mood for dancing | Susan | clustering

bethGood morning Scrap Addicts. I’m up today with a page featuring our topic this month of clustering.


I started as always, with a photo, this time of my beautiful great-niece, Beth, all ready for her ballet concert.


cut circles



Next I cut an 8” circle from the centre of my cardstock, a 7” circle from a piece of patterned paper, and a 6” circle from a second piece of (contrasting colour) cardstock. The pieces I was interested in were the holes, not the solid, cut-out circles, if you see what I mean?

back



I layered the circles with foam dots in between, trimming away excess paper from the back.

foam tape



I then placed foam tape around the edge of the blue cardstock and stuck the whole sandwich to a piece of white cardstock.



circles


The front now had a series of neat and layered circles. I tucked a circle of patterned paper under the sandwich covering the white cardstock, and added my photo which I had already matted using leftover bits of blue and pink cardstock.
clusters

After adding the title it was time for the best bit – adding the clusters! You know all those bits and bobs that set up home around the perimeter of your work mat? Here’s where they come into their own! There really is no secret to ‘good’ clustering; just place bits here and there until they look right and enhance your page. I do tend to go for the triangle positioning if I can and here I placed three clusters around the edge of the cut circles. The three clusters all use similar elements to maintain a ‘belong together’ look but with enough variation to add interest.

And here’s my finished page …

whole page
sponsors

Thank you for joining us at UK Scrap Addicts today. Please do come again tomorrow, and in the meantime why not visit our sponsors?

sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...