Tuesday 8 August 2017

Guest Designer | Mrs C Scraps



Very excited to introduce todays guest...
Hi Everyone, I'm Rhie from Mrs C Scraps & I'm so so excited to be asked to Guest Design this month (I may have done a happy dance...)

I live In Chelmsford with my husband and our kitty Athena! We got married here & love it. I've been crafting as long as I can remember - from making cards & envelopes from my crayons and printer paper as a child, to having a gift business and now Scrapbooking and Project Life! My Mum, Nanna & Sisters are amazing with knitting, crotchet & jewellery making so creativity has always flowed in our family!

I'll let you in on a secret... I have a ribbon, washi tape & glitter obsession that could probably fill the shelves of Tesco... but shhh... no-one needs to know ;) (ed: 😁 other supermarkets are available!  Haha!)



You can find me either on my YouTube channel or my Instagram.




I love embellishment clusters, paper layers and textures so when I found out the theme for this month was clustering, I was crazy happy! To me clusters don't need to just be a sprinkling of embellishments, but can be repeated stamping, repeated texture or even multiple photo's!




I chose to make a layout that has multiple photos, multiple clusters & uses a little mixed media too! Here's everything I used for the layout: The Chasing Dreams Collection by Maggie Holmes, Studio Calico Stamps, Enamel Dots, Kraft Cardstock, Vellum, Black Twine, Heidi Swapp Colour Shines in Tropic Teal and Butter & a Dylusions Spray in Lemon Zest.





This was so fun to create! I started by trimming down my 2 6x4 Photos (both different orientations); I then cut a strip 1 1/2 Wide from both the vellum & Kraft cardstock. I layered these with a strip of distressed patterned paper towards the bottom of the page to create a base for my photos. I then used several layers and scraps from the Chasing Dreams 6x6 paper pad to mat & layer behind my photos.





I then took a piece of packaging and my spray mists to create a splattered and smooshed background that would show between the photos. From here I used a mini frame with a mixture of cardstock and chipboard stickers to create mini clusters on the top of and the side of the two photos.





I also used chipboard for my title & the main cluster along with a strand of the black and white twine, cardstock stickers and enamel dots. I then used repeated stamping along the vellum strip, on the bottom of the right photo & in the left side cluster. I then finished the layout with handwritten journalling around the top outline of the layout.

You can get further details and step by step in the process video.





Thank you so much to UK Scrap Addicts for this amazing opportunity & I hope you've enjoyed this layout.



Rhie - Mrs C Scraps Xo

Thanks so much Rhie!  Such a fab layout!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...