Saturday 13 May 2017

Vicci Lou | I think I can do I will | Sketch

Hi everyone, I hope that you are all well. Today I'm here to share with you my take on May's theme which is sketches. Over at UKSA "headquarters" (various desks and craftycorners around theUK haha!) we have been working hard on a couple of sketches which I really hope you'll join in with. Don't forget to check back everyday to see what my fellow creative team members have been up to and how they have interpreted the sketches from this month. If you post any layouts based on our sketches be sure to use #ukscrapaddicts as we would all love to see what you do too!

So for me personally sketches are a great way to get out of a crafty slump or get a layout done pretty quickly, which sometimes we all have to do when life is hecktic. I also they that they're great to do with friends as you all have the same starting point but can see where you all differ, with your own personal style. I opted this month to do sketch number one which is a single page layout with a little mixed media thrown in. Mixed media is an avenue of scrapbooking that I'm very new too and therefore I thought of it as a little challenge.

Here is a picture of the original sketch.

Here is a picture of my finished layout.


So being new to mixed media and having many failed attempts before today I decided to just go for blue, I find one colour works best for me at the moment and I'm always much more happy with the results. I used my distress ink in peacock feathers and the good old smooshing or packaging technique whatever you know it as, haha! And smooshed away with some distress ink until I was satisfied with what I had. I then used my march mind the scrap kit for my paper layers and the gold phrase by Heidi Swapp "I think I can" I added the "so I will" with some small letters from a Shimelle Starshine sticker sheet to make my title. The photo is of Spencer when he was around 7 months old in his baby walker which of course is when all the trouble started haha. So I thought the title was pretty fitting.


I kept very close to the sketch for this months page as I was short on time. And just wanted to get a page done to keep the mojo in flow. The only thing I have changed is I added a cluster in the top right hand corner using the same patterned papers I used to layer behind my photo just to add some balance as I felt the page was quite smooshed together (I like that word today... can you tell haha) I also added some phrase stickers to that cluster again from a Shmelle Starshine sticker sheet.


Finally I finished it off with some stars and ink splatters.

All in all I'm happy with this layout and really hope to see what you do with the sketches on the blog this month! 

Speak soon 
Happy scrapping
Love and bubbles
Vicci lou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...