Saturday 4 March 2017

Just two hours old | Maria | Multiple Photos

Hello everyone and welcome to my first blog post for UK Scrap Addicts!

Today I bring you a layout with two photos. The technique that I have used is printing the same photo twice, one in colour and the other one in black and white. I think the result is really lovely, don't you?

I am lucky to be able to print at home, so it was easy for me to just go back to my photos and reprint one in black and white, however I am sure that with a little bit of planning you can also do the same when you send your photos to be printed by a third party. I didn't use any fancy software to turn it into black and white, either. I just used the default edit options in Microsoft Photo Viewer.

Here is my layout:


The background paper is from Pink Paislee's Fancy Free by Paige Evans. Funnily enough, I bought this paper because of the other side: a very big and colourful, flower-like pattern. But I ended up going for the B-side, crazy huh?

The pink paper and most of the embellishments are from Cocoa Vanilla Studio "Love Always". I first got these embellishments with a kit and I loved them so much that I ended up buying two more packs of ephemera!

The gold thickers are from Hazelwood by One Canoe Two and the other alphas are from the Simple Stories' Hello Baby collection. The doilies and the rest of embellishments are from my stash (you know, those things that accumulate month after month and that you promise yourself that you will use more often!)

Here are a few close ups:




I don't know if you can notice them, but the gold splatters left a bit of a "wet ring" around the splatter. This really upset me when it happened, as the layout was all finished and glued together, and the splatters were just the finishing touch! I have learnt since that this is something that can happen if you don't shake your Heidi Swapp Gold Shine long enough. 

So remember, always SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE your Heidi Shine!! Shake it well!!

Fortunately, once the splatters dried the ring is less noticeable, so I am not so upset any more :)


I hope you have enjoyed this layout and it has inspired to use this multiple photo technique!

Read you soon!

Maria x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...