Sunday 19 March 2017

Guest Designer - Niki Rowland

A warm welcome to our final guest designer for March - Niki...

Hey there UK Scrap Addicts, my name is Niki Rowland and I am 34 and I live with my husband and my two little monsters, Sophie aged 5 and Max aged 3. I've been scrapbooking since 2006 and now I scrapbook almost every day, teach scrapbooking locally as well as co-run GoGo Getaway, a scrapbooking retreat company.  I also design for Hey Little Magpie and Silhouette UK.  I love to drink coffee and eat shortbread biscuits and like nothing better than scrappy time away with friends.  You can find me on my blog, Being Scrappy, and on Instagram as @nikiclaire.

Thank you so much to UK Scrap Addicts for having me guest design for you this month. I'm really excited about UK Scrap Addicts as I feel that UK designers can get overlooked so I'm delighted there is now a home for all those talented UK designers now.

I was pushed out of my comfort zone a little with the theme this month - multiple photos. I usually scrap just one photo or at a push, two.  I decided to push myself and go for four photos on the one layout...


To make this layout I used a sheet of acetate which I cut and backed to work with my photos.  The challenge this month over on For the Love of Pretty Paper is to use acetate in a creative way so this is how this layout began.  I've used a collection from last year by My Minds Eye - On Trend 2, which is full of bright colours and fun icons, but for some reason, I hadn't got around to using it.  I'm really pleased with how my layout turned out, so thanks to UK Scrap Addicts and to For the Love of Pretty Paper for the inspiration.


I have a second layout to share - this one I have already shared on the Hey Little Magpie Chat & Inspiration group for the latest challenge, which was to include two interactive elements on a layout, so you may have already seen it, but as it fits very nicely with the multiple photos theme I thought I'd share it here too.  The viewmaster actually turns (check out the two images, you can see the photos are different) and the arrow spins.  In total I have 10 photos of my girl, so a serious amount of photos over my usual one or two lol.


Thanks so much for having me as the guest designer on UK Scrap Addicts this month, hopefully, I'll be back with you soon.

Happy scrapping,

Niki xx

Thanks, Niki!
If you are interested in guest designing for us drop us an email at UKScrapAddicts.gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...